So for those of you who don't know..we have been renovating our condo, pretty much from day one since we moved in. We've been fixing up the condo to sell, but we are so excited because we finished the bathroom this week. When I say we, I mean Gary. Our sad little bathroom has needed an update for about 20 years. And Gary did an awesome job. And I have to give a big thank-you to Bob Monroe for helping with plumbing! All in all, we were without a toilet for about a week and a half, which really wasn't so bad because both are parents were really sweet to let us stay with them in our gypsy state.
This first pic is the "before" view from the doorway. That toilet is probably 20 years old. It works. Barely. And the floor is a lovely 60s paisley pattern vinyl. We had already painted at this point and put in the cabinet and mirrors. Now these pics aren't the best because the bathroom is on the small side. But you get the point.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Yeah! The bathroom is done!
And here is the after....
And the sink/countertop before and after. Gary cut and placed all the granite tiles himself. He did a great job! Isn't the new sink cool?
Gary also put in some new white tile on the floor. It looks so crisp and clean. I also have to tell you how awesome Gary is because yesterday morning I woke up early to go to work. Let me back up, the night before this our shower became clogged and it was too late to get anyone over to fix it. So I was not looking forward to showering in the cold mucky water. So when I woke up the next morning I walked into the kitchen to get a drink of water and saw how disgusting our house was and there were boxes and tools everywhere. I became so stressed that I literally just had to say a little prayer that I could just get through the morning and off to work and not worry about the clean-up that was awaiting me at home. Well, I left to work and when I came home the house was completely clean. Completely. No boxes. No mess. Gary had installed the toilet, unclogged AND cleaned out the bathtub. I seriously almost started crying I was so happy. So Gary pretty much rules! Job well done.
Posted by Gary and Angela at 11:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
That is a really cool sink! I love it! Nice job on the tile work, Gary!!!! That's not easy work! What a beautiful bathroom you get to enjoy now!!!!
Wow, what a wonderful job. I love the unique sink. Aren't men sometimes amazing. You got a good one.
Like I've mentioned before...I am so jealous that you own your own bathroom to remodel...if you saw the ones I'm living with right now...you would know just how green with envy I am!!!
love love love...it when the hubbys really impress you to tears! makes you thankful for getting a good catch! :) good job on the bathroom too! yeah for remodel! when you moving? and hows the selling going? (of the condo)
Your bathroom looks great! Is this the same condo that you have been living in? I was excited to get to your blog, I didn't know the address. I'm just starting to understand this blog stuff. Oh and YES I love the twilight series. The first is my favorite, I've read it three times. I am so excited to read the fourth book, fun fun fun! Well we are going to try to make it down there soon, we will let you know when we do. We can't wait to see you all again. Love ya!
That looks so awesome! You guys did a great job!!
thanks! Gary worked so hard. And we are moving the first week in August! Its coming so fast. We just got the paperwork to put our condo up today (officially). I'll post a link on here once its up.
Hey Angela, I found your blog! I love it, blogging is one of my favorite things! Your bathroom looks great, and the Alaska trip looks so amazing! you guys are a way cute couple! Feel free to check out my blog! take care
Lexie
www.robandlexie.blogspot.com
What a sweet guy! The bathroom looks awesome! It is fun to see the before and after pictures. We sure miss you guys.
Post a Comment